If you have wondered why a foamy whiteboard is called by so many different names such as Styrofoam, Thermopore insulation sheet EPS sheets, and so on. Then we are here to answer why and how these names came to be, to finally put an end to this debate once and for all.
What is Thermopore Sheet?
A Thermopore sheet means a foam board made up of expanded Polystyrene beads, which are fused into a desired shape. The composition of a Thermopore board is 97% air, which is trapped inside the closed cell structure of the beads or Polystyrene resin. This is why there are small beads visible throughout the entire Thermopore board, even in the end product.
In this guide, you will learn the following things about Thermopore
- Is Thermopore different from other foam boards?
- What qualities make Thermopore so useful?
- How to find good quality Thermopore insulation sheets in Pakistan?
Is Thermopore different from other Foam Boards?
There are several different names for a Thermopore board on the market. Some of them are correct and some are not.
Is Thermopore and EPS Foam the Same?
Yes. While both may vary in color due to the use of a dye, both these products are the same as they are made from Polystyrene resin(beads) and fused into blocks that are later cut into sheets.
Is Thermopore and Thermocol the same?
Yes. While both of these boards are Expanded Polystyrenes (EPSs), they are just branded under different names. Meaning all the three terms such as Thermopor, thermocol, and EPS foam are all talking about the same thing but are just referred to differently in different parts of the world. The name Thermopor is a brand name for an EPS sheet by Industrial Enterprises (Pvt) Ltd. while Thermocol is a brand name for an EPS sheet created by a German Company called BASF.
Are Thermopore and Styrofoam the same?
They are not the same. Thermopor’s manufacturing process is different from Styrofoams. Thermopore is created through the expansion of Polystyrene resin while Styrofoam is created through the extrusion of Polystyrene resin. This key difference results in two different products which perform two different functions.
What qualities make Thermopore so useful?
Due to the reasons listed below, Thermopoer has gained widespread popularity and is being used mainly in the construction industry due to its energy-saving manufacturing and providing relatively low-cost solutions. Let’s start with the most important one which is
A Thermopore foam board is 97% air which is trapped inside a closed cell structure. Since air is a very poor conductor of heat, this barrier of trapped air becomes an excellent thermal insulator. This single quality is the main use of Thermopor sheets and has made it one of the most popular forms of insulation in the world.
Benefits of Thermopore as Insulation
Primarily used in home and building insulation where Thermopore is placed inside the walls, roofs, and floors of a structure. The insulation helps to create a foam barrier around the entire formation to help fight against external environmental factors. How does it do that?
- Thermopore stops excessive heat transfer from the outside, reducing normal room temperature in the summer
- Prevents moisture penetration, which can damage the inner structure of buildings
- Cuts down the cost of energy consumption significantly, required to maintain an ideal temperature
Thermopore does not age. This means that the material can maintain its insulation and other properties for a potentially unlimited amount of time without breaking down. Most materials break down due to water penetration and temperature changes. Since Thermopor’s molecular structure is so unique that it can resist both, it entirely eliminates the possibility of mold or other microorganisms that can limit its thermal insulation.
Benefits of Thermopore as Aging Protection
Following are just some ways Thermopore aging protection helps industries
- Provides consistent and long-term thermal insulation without any form of deterioration
- A cost-effective solution to provide insulation to buildings and homes
Firm and Lightweight
Another main advantage of Thermopore is its high impact resistance, which makes it the ideal material for protection. The firmness of a Thermopore board is decided by its density. The more its density, the more its firmness. That’s why there are Thermopor boards with variable densities that suit different needs. It’s also light in weight which makes it ideal for packaging and protection.
Benefits of Thermopore being Firm and Lightweight
Thermopore has become the ideal choice for conventional packing. It is replacing cork, straw, cardboard, and timber due to the rising costs of their production. The benefits of Thermopore packaging are as follows
- Most foods use Thermopore packaging. This is because food items require protection from the environment and maintenance at some temperature to keep items fresh while prolonging their shelf life
- Most medicines and vaccines are temperature sensitive and require their temperature to be maintained. The thermal insulation properties of Thermopor ensure temperature maintenance during long transportation
- Most electronic equipment requires Thermopor packaging to not damage their sensitive internal components. Thermopore is an excellent shock absorber that protects delicate electronics during transport
How to find good quality Thermopore insulation sheets in Pakistan?
One of the most commonly used materials for insulation in Pakistan is Thermopore insulation sheets. But not all Thermopore sheets are created equal. The key factor in deciding what insulation to choose for your own home or building is not the color or thickness, but rather the R-value. R-value is the standard by which all insulation of products is measured. The higher the R-value, the more the material is better at insulation.
That’s why Style Styrofoam Industry (Pvt.) Ltd. is creating a Styroboard® with a focus on R-Value for insulation. The Styroboard® has a higher R-value for a lower amount of cost, due to it being custom-made with new molding technologies. Some of its stand-out features are
- Insulates the roof of your building or home permanently for the remainder of its lifetime
- Saves energy daily and reduces gas or electrical bills by up to %50
- Lets you enjoy peace and quiet by soundproofing your home or residential buildings
- Decrease 7°c to 9°c of normal room temperature as compared to uninsulated building
|How to Use Thermopore Sheets for Insulation: A Comprehensive Guide|
Thermopore sheets are made by expanding Polystyrene resin into the desired shape. Most names such as EPS foam, EPS sheets, thermocol, and Thermopore refer to the same product. To find high-quality Thermopore sheets, you need to be mindful of the R-value of the sheet and the Thermo Insulations providing custom-sized Thermopore sheets with a high R-value at affordable prices. If you are looking for high-quality foam boards, look no further than Thermoinsulations.com.